A lot of things happening in the personal front had guests during the weekend ,so was quite busy for the past 4 or 5 days, no time for blogging. Coming to this kadai vegetable it was prepared long back but somehow missed posting it, so thought that I would post it today.This dish gets it distinct flavor from the freshly ground spices instead of the powders available at home.This dish is quite power packed as all the veggies can be sneaked in and look colorful as per the liking of kids.This recipe is a kind of mixed one from various sources which I tweeked to suit out taste. As they say we first eat with our eyes then only the tongue gets a taste of a dish this one is a real treat to both the eyes as well as the tongue.Now off to the recipe.
- In a pan add the items under to roast and grind ,cool it and grind it to a fine powder and keep it a side.Pressure cook the cubed carrots,beans and green peas with some salt for just 1 whistle see to it that they are just cooked with slight crunch.
- In a kadai heat oil add the jeera once it splutters add the finely chopped onions and ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves.Now add the tomato puree (ie grind one large tomato to a puree in the mixer),ground powder,salt and cook for few more minutes till the raw smell leaves.
- Now you can add the cubed capsicum(red & green)and the cubed onions and saute for a while now add the cooked veggies ,paneer and give a quick stir,add the crushed kasoori methi and the check for seasoning bring it to a boil and switch off . Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice or roti.
- The choice of vegetables is yours you can use potato,cauliflower,yellow capsicum etc based on availability.
- Addition of paneer is optional you can omit it or replace it with tofu if you are on a vegan diet.
- The roast and ground powder can be made and stored in larger quantity and used also but fresh one tastes better.
- Adjust the number of red chillies as per spice level required.
- See to it that the capsicum is cooked but still crunchy.