This Sunday it was chicken and potato gravy.A combination of chicken with potato can never go wrong.Actually I wanted to try a gravy from a magazine but I was hesitant as the recipe did not have any ginger garlic paste ,so just made adjustments to suit our taste.The gravy came out well,and I got a thumps up from my daughter thats a great compliment.Her christmas holidays are on and she is much excited at visiting her grandparents.Hope to have a nice time ,even my sister is coming over and hope we have a nice time together.Next post I will update about all the fun we had.Coming to this recipe its an easy one without much fancy ingredients.
- Marinate the chicken for 1/2 hour with the ingredients in "To Marinate".In the meantime you can chop the onion,potatoes and tomato as well as grind the "To Grind" ingredients to a fine paste.
- Now heat oil in a pressure cooker add the ingredients in the "To Temper "list followed by the onions, when the onions turn pink add the chopped tomato and ginger garlic paste .You can now add the powders, saute well ,add the marinated chicken,followed by salt and mix well till it is coated well with the masala.
- At this stage add the ground mix to the chicken , mix well, and add a cup of water and pressure cook the chicken for two whistles.After the pressure is released check for seasoning and add the potatoes and cook for one more whistle.Now your chicken potato gravy is ready to be served with hot rice,idly,dosa ,roti or even with a mild pulav.
- You can omit the potato and make it as chicken Gravy,but potatoes add volume to the gravy and blend well with chicken.
- Grinding the coriander leaves along with the tomato enhances fresh aroma to the gravy .
- You can even cook the gravy in a pan instead of pressure cooker but it takes longer to cook.
- This gravy is of apt spiciness for our taste buds.Adjust the chilly powder to your taste,mine was not very spicy.