It was Sunday morning and I was planning for the lunch menu, as usual it was chicken,sharu and hubby wanted a chicken biriyani but I wanted to try out some new recipe (hehe blogging fever you see).But suddenly all plans got changed and I had to go shopping for new grinder in the morning not as planned in the afternoon .So I just left the marinated chicken in the fridge and off I went and was back only by 12 '0' clock,Oh I had only about 45 minutes on hand to whip up my lunch,and sharu had already started that she was hungry.I just then remember this quick recipe which I got from a friend and immediately went a head preparing this kuzhambu. This kuzhambu as my friend said was her mothers style of preparing kuzhambu. Although the list in roast and grind look long this recipe can be whipped up in a short while. Some how the chicken Kuzhambu was ready by 12.45pm as usual I clicked the photos and then started laying the table for lunch. The kuzhambu came out well and everybody enjoyed their lunch.
- Marinate the chicken for 1/2 hour with the ingredients in "To Marinate".In the meantime you can roast the items in the "To roast and grind" allow it to cool and grind it to a fine paste.
- Now heat oil in a pressure cooker add the ingredients in the "To Temper "list followed by the onions, when the onions turn pink add the chopped tomato and saute well .You can now add the powders , saute well add the marinated chicken,followed by salt and mix well till it is coated well with the masala.
- At this stage add the ground mix to the chicken , mix well, and add a cup of water and pressure cook the chicken for three whistles.After the pressure is released check for seasoning and allow the kuzhambu to boil for some more time till it reaches the required consistency.(If its too thick add some water and allow it to boil).
- Garnish with coriander leaves .Now your chicken Kuzhambu is ready to be served with hot rice,idly,dosa ,roti or even with a mild pulav.
- Fried gram thickens the kuzhambu so add water accordingly.
- You can substitute fried gram with cashews for a richer version.
- You can even cook the kuzhambu in a pan instead of pressure cooker but it takes longer to cook.
- This kuzhambu is of apt spiciness for our taste buds.Adjust the chilly powder to your taste.
- You can add ginger garlic paste instead of grinding fresh ones but freshly ground masala add taste to the kuzhambu.